This blog tracks a spring terms exploration of designing functional beautiful hospital stands. 

Friday, January 8, 2010

Cube Food?

Cube Food
If a Banana is in the shape of a cube it no longer is visually interpreted as a banana. Does this change individuals relationships and feelings towards the food? My partner and I began discussing putting food into cubes, reassembling food prepared for astronauts. If food was mixed into a cube it would eliminate space for transport, packaging, and shortens meal time. Its like super efficient nutrition. 


After our first studio I began to think about how both sounds (like songs) and tastes are associated with memories. A taste has the ability to bring back past places, people, and times. Apple pie instantly brings me to the small yellow Connecticut kitchen of my Grandma. This brought me to the concept of food in test tubes. Instead of interacting with food with slight and taste instead interact through smell. I imagined all these test tubes that you would open, sniff, and then reflect upon. This is clearly not any developed concept but I thought it was interesting. 

No comments:

Post a Comment