This blog tracks a spring terms exploration of designing functional beautiful hospital stands. 

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

"AWARENESS MEAL"

I was thinking about the relationship between food and media. How is food defined by advertisements? And how in turn do people perceive food differently because of advertising and packaging. In a world where people clearly are disconnected from the raw food elements this becomes very intriguing. Few people actually know what is in their food, and if they take time to read a label they still often do not understand. I'm interested in how labeling and packaging impact what we eat. Consider if you took a happy meal and replaced all the fast food with organically grown contents that are healthy. Or what if inside junk food containers the contents were the raw elements that went into making that food. Building awareness through this type of display interests me. I was thinking it would be interesting to make an entire meal where you would open everything and find the raw material that the food itself requires to make. It could be an "awareness meal".

No comments:

Post a Comment