After playing with the concept of creating a "shower greenhouse" I moved my small herb garden from my kitchen window sill to my shower. I have set up one light and am currently growing Parsley, Lime Thyme, Lavender, and Dark Leaf Oregano. They have been in the shower for almost two weeks are are surviving fine. They are being watered with shower water.
concept models
These are some of my first model concepts as I begin to play with 3D. Although I think the idea of a shower greenhouse is interesting I also think a lot of people will struggle with the concept of mixing the shower environment with eatable food, especially due to the bathroom having germs. Therefore my project has branched out into the kitchen but first I tried to target exactly what the issues are with gardening indoors in urban apartments.
Issues with indoor urban apartment gardens:
- mess associated with soil and water during watering plants
- having to take plants out of containers to be watered
- gardens taking up much needed space
- people forgetting to water plants
I am interested in creating a product that addresses these issues and tries to make gardening in tight spaces easy and more desirable. I came up with the idea of a self sufficient gardening unit that could use the dead space in the kitchen. Perhaps this could take up the form of a garden shelf that can hang on the backs of kitchen cabinets. ? i think that a product could be very small and still very effective.
No comments:
Post a Comment