This blog tracks a spring terms exploration of designing functional beautiful hospital stands. 

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Click to enlarge:

  

http://www.verticalgardenpatrickblanc.com

I have been really inspired by the work of Patrick Blanc. His work has helped me gain a better understanding of the environments plants can grow within, especially on vertical spaces. I have been in e-mail contact with him asking more specific questions about how I might achieve my project goal. This is ultimately creating a self contained food yielding garden within a small urban apartment environment. I want this product to utilize vertical space within the apartment, not be messy, use gray water, and be specialized to grow a few varieties of plants.
This is not a Patrick Blanc project but the rendering shows the idea of a pump in water circulation which could be interesting. After reading his work I am interesting in how an edible vertical garden space could also help with apartment climate control and air filtration. 

                                          
                                              
Youtube Video I watched about "edible living walls"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O--eJ6wSuQE


No comments:

Post a Comment