
As my design becomes refined I am interested in how the garden can be linked to a water source. As water becomes a increasingly valued resource we must learn to use it wisely. This can partly be done by reusing grey water, which has significant impacts on overall household water usage. I am looking at the space directly behind the sink as a viable location for a herb garden. This garden could be set up so that wash water could be used on the plants. I'm looking into all different methods of how this could happen. I'm also interested in how by flipping a switch drained water can be returned to the sink. This sort of system seems pretty straightforward and streamline. I think it can also be visually beautiful as well. Perhaps when water filters out it could create a sound? Maybe it could be useful and artful....
As far as physical work I am currently building a working prototype in my own kitchen to play with the design and how the shape can interact with the sink and the cycling of water can be most efficient.
No comments:
Post a Comment